ATTENTION WELSH PONY & COB SHOW MANAGEMENTS:
I am a fully Approved Judge with the Welsh Pony and Cob Society of America, Inc. since 1998 and I have adjudicated Welsh shows internationally (see below).
I am available for judging duties for your WP&CSA Gold, Silver or Bronze sanctioned Welsh Pony and Cob show. I have judged open breed horse shows as well as many Bronze, Silver and Gold rated WPCSA Welsh shows. I am a current member of the WPCSA, USEF, and WPCAC.
My fees are very reasonable!
Following is a list of the shows since the year 2000 that I have judged:
- 2000 - Emerald Empire Welsh Pony WPCSA Gold rated show in Oregon
- 2000 - Maryland Pony Breeders Annual WPCSA Gold rated show
- 2002 - Santa Lucia Welsh Pony Assoc. WPCSA Bronze-rated Fall show
- 2002 - Halloween Haunt - WPCSA Bronze-rated Fall show
- 2004 - Santa Barbara National Show WPCSA double Gold rated - 2nd Judge for the halter/breeding classes.
- 2004 - Emerald Empire Annual Show WPCSA Gold rated show.
- 2005 - August 12,13,14 - WPCSA American National (Ohio Welsh Pony Association) WPCSA Gold rated show, Canfield, OH, Gold - Judges: Jane Fischer deThouars & Geraint Jones of the Nebo Stud UK. I judged all of the performance classes and double-judged the halter with Mr. Jones.
- 2005 - Sept. 10 & 11 - Heart of Minnesota Welsh Classic WPCSA Silver rated show, Sauk Centre, MN
- 2006 - D'Alonzo Saddle Up Series, Stockton, California, WPCSA Bronze rated show.
- 2007 - May 26-28, Tulsa Area Pony Show at Expo Square, Tulsa, Oklahoma, WPCSA Gold rated show.
- 2007 - July 5-7 - Santa Barbara National Show WPCSA double Gold rated - Santa Barbara, CA - 2nd Judge for the halter/breeding classes.
- 2007 - August 4 & 5 - California Sunshine Classic WPCSA double Gold rated - Pomona, CA.
- 2008 - May 10 & 11, OWPS Spring Show, WPCSA double Gold Rated.
- 2008 - August 9 & 10, CANADA - Welsh Pony & Cob Society of Alberta's Western Canadian Classic – All Breed Pony Show
- 2008 - August 21, New York State Fair Horse Show, Welsh Breed Show, WPCSA Silver rated, USEF A rated, 2nd judge for Halter/Breeding classes.
- 2009 - Sept. 19 & 20 - Heart of Minnesota Welsh Classic WPCSA Silver rated show, Sauk Centre, MN
- 2009 - Oct 15, NC State Fair Horse Show, Raleigh, NC, USEF & WPCSA rated show, halter and performance, I judged both the Welsh and Connemara divisons
- 2010 - August 26 & 27, New York State Fair Horse Show, Syracuse, NY, Welsh Breed Show, both WPCSA and USEF rated.
- 2010 - August 5-8, Red Bluff Gold Series Welsh double Gold show in Red Bluff, CA
- 2011 - August 20-21, Heartland Welsh IN, double Gold rated
- 2013 - July 13-14, Heart of Minnesota Welsh Classic II WPCSA Silver show
I began judging Welsh around 1995 with a provisional WPCSA card, then obtained my Approved Judge status in 1998. I have attended several WPCSA judging clinics, including a major clinic held in May 1998 at Santa Ynez, CA. This WPCSA-sponsored clinic hosted clinicians Mr. Norman Kalinski and Ms. Jean Shemilt. The clinic spanned 2 full days and covered all 4 sections of the breeding division, and all of the performance divisions - it was quite an in-depth learning experience for all who attended. This was also where I tested for (by both Mr. Kalinski and Ms. Shemilt) my Approved Judge status with the WPCSA. I attended the WPCSA Judge's clinic at the AGM on February 22, 2004. I attended the WPCSA Judge's clinic held at the AGM in February of 2008, at Stockton, CA.
My hands-on experience includes having helped my parents run their Tri-Ef Ranch for most of my life (i.e.: Welsh Ponies - Sect A, B & 1/2; Showing, training, riding, driving, breeding, foaling, stallion manager, A,I., transported semen, advertising, and much more...) We had up to 37 Welsh Ponies, American Walking Ponies, and Arabian horses on the ranch at any given time for many years.
I raised, trained, and exhibited Welsh ponies with Tri-Ef Ranch since 1970. Numerous wins & championships in Welsh Halter, Pleasure Driving, English Pleasure(hunt & saddle seat), Western Pleasure, Roadster, Showmanship; and Open Reining, Open Trail, Equitation(all seats), Hunter/Jumper. Also USEF "A" circuit and/or Breed shows including Welsh, Arabian, American Walking Pony, Tennessee Walker, POA, AQHA, and TB Hunter/Jumper.
Our very first (my Christmas present) Welsh Mountain pony, the pregnant grey show- & brood- mare, Talybont Sparkler (*Owain Glyndwr x *Cefn Queen) foaled in 1967, and purchased by Tri-Ef in Dec. 1970, then her chestnut filly, Lleyn's Crystal, that was born in April 1971... Our next Welsh Mountain Pony, a chestnut stallion, Monarch's Genius, foaled in 1966, and purchased 1971. These are just a couple of the Welsh ponies which helped to start it all...
I was one of the founding members of the Southern California All Welsh Society
(S.C.A.W.S. founded in 1990) for which I held the board position of secretary until 1998. In 1999 I had been elected to be their President, but I moved out of the state and got married, and therefore had to resign. Unfortunately SCAWS was dissolved shortly thereafter.
I attended the USEF Friesian judge's clinic held at the 2009 Friesian World and Grand National Championship Show.